– 1 tbsp Oil or EVOO oil
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 2 tbs chopped ginger
– 2 pounds carrot, peeled and chopped
– 3 medium potato, peeled and chopped
– 6 cups low-sodium chicken or veg stock
– 1 tbsp fresh thyme – 1/2 tsp salt – 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Combine the oil, garlic, thyme, ginger and onion in a Crock Pot, Pressure Cooker or heavy pot over medium-low heat. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, 3 – 5 minutes, until just starting to opaque.
- Stir in the carrots, potato, and the chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the carrots and potato are very tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. (about 15 mins in pressure cooker on high)
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until very smooth (or puree in a regular blender in batches). Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes about 8 servings.